OPEX HSE services has a reactive monitoring and workplace accident investigation service. The information gathered from our investigation could be helpful in protecting your business should you have intervention from a compensation claim or the enforcement authorities. Where accidents have resulted in injuries, illness, property damage or near misses, we identify root causes and make recommendations.
Our advisors offer expert advice during enforcement action and work alongside H&S Lawyers in cases that are going to court. We have assisted employers during serious accidents to help prepare their case and offer expert advice when liaising with the HSE and if justified challenging or appealing notices or prosecutions.
Enforcement action may be taken by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) following a:
• An accident or dangerous occurrence
• Planned or unplanned visit by the regulator
• Complaints by employees or 3rd parties
The regulator may request an explanation by email or letter with supporting evidence where required following a minor complaint. More serious matters can result in enforcement notices or “Fees for Intervention” (FFI). Where there is a material breach the HSE charge the employer at least £124/hr for their time until the breach is concluded.
Our highly experienced investigators have a wide range of knowledge in the safety industry. As part of the process they will:
- Inspect the accident/incident location and record relevant evidence
- Review the site health and safety documentation in relation to the accident/incident
- Taking witness statements
- Interview injured parties
- Prepare a full report identifying the root causes of the accident/incident and any recommendations required.